Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Macbeth


"Double, double, toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble."

October.  The perfect month for a gruesome, scary tragedy.  Yes, I planned it that way :)  Our second Shakespeare play would be Macbeth.  I knew that we would cover a couple tragedies, and I debated which ones they would be.  When I saw that our local Shakespeare company was putting on a performance of Macbeth in October, well, I knew we would have to do it. We met for our movie day at Sharon's to watch Patrick Stewart play Macbeth.  I love Patrick Stewart (aka Jean-Luc Picard). But "By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes."  Gruesome and scary was this version of Macbeth.  EEK!!   To be honest, Skyeler, Robin, and I had a hard time with a couple of the scenes.  Because the movie was three hours long (it becomes longer when you stop to talk about it and go to the bathroom) we had no extra activities today.  




I am looking forward to reading the play and seeing a live stage production.  Exciting!!


~Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment