Thursday, February 2, 2012

Elizabeth's Much Ado About Nothing Blog Project

I decided to write a script of Margret's point of view. How Borachio convinced her to put on Hero's clothes and why she wasn't upset by him calling her Hero. I also included her thoughts and Leonato's response. This is not written in Shakespearean language, but more like Jane Austin English.

Borachio- Margaret my love, tonight. We shall meet in Hero’s chambers.

Margaret- but Borachio, why there?

Borachio- For tonight you shall be my Hero; I shall even woo you by that name. You are as fair a gem to me as Hero to Claudio.

Margaret- We should meet at midnight; my mistress will surely be in a deep sleep at that time, dreaming about her wedding.

Borachio- I shall see you then, my love.

(Borachio leaves)

Margaret- Could it be that my Lord means to marry me? What other reason would there be for likening me to Hero? For I am as far from that maid as one can be from another. Tonight; I shall even dress in her clothes. I shall be his Hero.

(After the Wedding)

Margaret- What infamies have I been misused for. I have brought about the death of the character of my mistress. If I speak, I shall be severely punished. No, if the truth is to come out, it must find a better messenger than me.

(After Leonato finds out)

Leonato- Margaret, you have defamed the name of my Daughter with your immorality. By my honor, if she were dead you should join her.

Margaret- But she shall marry Claudio tomorrow, so all is well and set to rights. So I shall once again be her maid servant, and the only difference is she shall be married.

Leonato- God must have given you a mind, only fit to be a servant. Therefore go about your tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment