Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Victoria's Favorite Taming of the Shrew Quotes


Here are a few of my favorite quotations... 


“Come, madam wife, sit by my side and let the world slip, we shall ne’er be younger.” (Christopher Sly, Intro.2.139-140)

“No profit grows, where is no pleasure ta’en.” (Tranio, 1.1.39) 


“’Hic ibat,’ as I told you before, ‘Simois,’ I am Lucentio, ‘hic est’ son unto Vincentio of Pisa, ‘Sigeia tellus,’ disguised thus to get your love, ‘Hic steterat,’ and that Lucentio that comes a-wooing, ‘Priami,’ is my man Tranio, ‘regia,’ bearing my port, ‘celsa senis,’ that we might beguile the old pantaloon.” (Lucentio, “translating” Latin for Bianca, 3.1.31-36) 


“Now by my mother’s son, and that’s myself, it shall be moon, or star, or what I list” (Petruchio, 4.5.6-7)


-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment