Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Victoria's Favorite Much Ado About Nothing Quotes

Here are a few quotes that caught my attention while reading Much Ado About Nothing.

“There are no faces truer than those that are so washed. How much better is it to weep at joy than to joy at weeping!” (Leonato, 1.1.26)

“Is it possible disdain should die while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick?” (Beatrice, 1.1.118)

“Scratching could not make it worse an ‘twere such a face as yours were.” (Beatrice, 1.1.134)

“Friendship is constant in all other things save in the office and affairs of love. Therefore all hearts in love use their own tongues. Let ever eye negotiate for itself and trust no agent, for beauty is a witch against whose charms faith melteth into blood.” (Claudio, 2.1.173)

“Then down upon her knees she falls, weeps, sobs, beats her heart, tears her hair, prays, curses: ‘O sweet Benedick, God give me patience!’” (Claudio, 2.3.154)

“Shall quips and sentences and these paper bullets of the brain awe a man from the career of his humor? No! The world must be peopled. When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married.” (Benedick, 2.3.242)

“As strange as the think I know not. It were as possible for me to say I loved nothing so well as you, but believe me not, and yet I lie not, I confess nothing, nor I deny nothing.” (Beatrice, 4.1.283)

“And when I lived, I was your other wife, and when you loved, you were my other husband.” (Hero, 5.4.61)

“A miracle! Here’s our own hands against our hearts. Come, I will have thee, but by this light I take thee for pity.” (Benedick, 5.4.96)

-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment